Thursday, April 24, 2014

Two Crafts, Three Cards, and Project Life!

I'm so excited! I'm going to the SU convention this summer! I wasn't sure if I would be able to because of all the things going on this summer, but it worked out. Just registered yesterday.

I've been so busy, with a daughter turning 16, my 25th anniversary, end of the school year and all the things I still need to do for that...the list goes on. But SU is having a display board contest and I wanted to enter it. 

You need two 3-D items. My first one is flowers I made from the blossom punch. These are so much fun to make, and so easy. The hardest part is getting the glue off your fingers after!


 I made them to go on a mug I make, but the were too big.  So I improvised, and made a bookmark. I love the tag topper punch. The stamp is from the March Paper Pumpkin.


Here is the mug I mentioned. These are easy to make too. I would love to get one filled with chocolate kisses!



The next thing for the board is 3 cards. I made up these 3. The first one is using Countless Sayings 2.


I was playing with this set because of my anniversary. I made a few attemps, but I like this one best. The Hardwood stamp set has become one of my favorites.  I cut strips to make it look like a slate board. The chalk s just rolled up cardstock, although my husband said it looked like a cigerette!

I think I was still in anniversary mode when I made this one. This was one of the first stamp sets I bought from the Occasions catalog. I just love it! The co-ordinating paper is fantastic too!

I'm going to enter this in Anyone for Anya, whose challenge is nautical.


My last card is just a quick and easy birthday card.


The thing I am most excited about is Project Life! I love scrapbooking, and used to do it all the time. I've been feeling like I want to start doing it again but the thought of dragging all the stuff out and spending hours on it kept me from it. I saw PL in the big box stores, and thought that it was certainly a possibility. I even mentioned to some other demos that we could probably do something with it. Well, SU was way ahead of me. They will be having it in their new catalog!

I had already bought some of the page protectors so I have incomplete pages to show you. I am waiting for my order to come in so I can finish it!





I had already bought the Map it Out stamp set to scrapbook our cross-country trip we took in 2010. That shows how long I've been putting off scrapbooking! When  I heard SU was doing PL I got some pictures out and had this put together in no time! What took the longest was cutting the paper to fit in, and that won't be a problem anymore! It's hard to wait!

Thanks for bearing with me on this long post. Have a great day!






1 comment: