Saturday, April 22, 2017

Eastern Palace meets Swirly Scribbles

I just started playing with the new suite from SU, Eastern Palace. I'm so excited they will be doing an early release on this! That means it will be available in May for everyone.

I have seen some really good ideas already posted for this set. I can't wait to try some of them and get into the designer paper. But I thought I would post a couple of pictures of cards I have made that have a little different take on the set.



In this one I used the die cut from the swirly bird set for the wavy lines. Then I die cut the flower and inked it with versamark. I rubbed off some of the embossing powder because I wanted some of the white to show through. I haven't stamped a sentiment on it yet because I'm not sure what I need. It would make a good wedding or sympathy card. Can't you picture it in red for Christmas!



This one I had to make because when I first looked at the die cut I saw sunflowers! You have to snip it out because the die doesn't cut it all out, but it's not hard. I ran the centers through the softly falling embossing folder for the seeds.

This is going to be such a versatile set! So excited to play some more. Thanks for stopping by to look!

No comments:

Post a Comment